RESOLUTION ON THE LIFTING OF THE ECONOMIC, COMMERCIAL AND FINANCIAL BLOCKADE IMPOSED ON THE REPUBLIC OF CUBA BY THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- EXPRESSES serious concern about the continuous and illegal economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed on the Cuban government and people;
- REAFFIRMS its full support to the resolution of the UNGA “Necessity to end the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the Unites States of America against Cuba”;
- REGRETS the regression in the bilateral relations between Cuba and the United States and once again, calls upon the Government of the Unite States of America to lift the long standing and unjustifiable economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed on the Cuban people;
- REGRETS the measures implemented by the Government of the United States since November 9th 2017, which strengthen the blockade and expresses deep concern over the widening f Chapter III of the Helms-Burton Act (based on paragraph 293 of the G77 ministerial Declaration of 2021, which maintains the same language agreed in 2020);
- ACKNOWLEDGES that the negative impact of the blockade is aggravated and even crueler in the current context, when Cuba is combatting the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- ACKNOWLEDGES that the blockade is the main obstacle for Cuba´s implementation of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and shares this concern due to the importance that the African Union attaches to the achievement of the objectives on the said agenda;
- REAFIRMS its solidarity with the people of Cuba.